Sunday, March 4, 2007

Starting Tomorrow

My object in living is to unite
My avocation and my vocation
As my two eyes make one in sight.
For only when love and need are one,
And the work is play for mortal stakes,
Is the deed ever truly done,
For heaven's and the future's sakes.

- Robert Frost, Two Tramps in Mud Time


Tomorrow, my wife goes back to work, and I'm scaling my job back from full-time to sixteen hours a week. I'll be working four hours from home on Monday and Friday and going into the office on Wednesday. The point of all this? See above. To spend my time raising my son, instead of paying someone else to do it.

Before I got distracted, I used to be a serious writer. It doesn't show in my prose anymore, but it's a discipline. Since I'll be home four days a week, here's my promise. I'll write every day, even if it's just a poop-a-logue, and we'll journey together as my wife and I raise our son in the Asatru faith.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Welcome to the club. Enjoy the ride.