Friday, May 4, 2007

almost five months

Today is May 4th, that's five months from the boy's original due date. I'm stunned to think back to december 4th. My wife was giant! We were so excited and happy and scared and stunned and oh my gods it was so intense I thought I was gonna die. And then the 'due date' came and went and holy crap, I thought it was the worst thing that ever happened to us. Those due dates are ridiculous anyway, they should be outlawed.

So just a little HOLY SHIT to the world to look at Thorsbaby in all his smiling laughing giggly glory and remember when we couldn't believe he'd ever get out of his mommy... a little HOLY SHIT to look at those sturdy hands, chubby legs, and strong arms and remember when he was two days old and couldn't breastfeed and had lost 13% of his body weight and I knew, deep in my heart, that he was going to slip away if we didn't get him some nourishment... and one more HOLY SHIT to see him balance on his butt for a second before he topples over, to see him raise his body up on tummy time like it's nothing, and a forward looking HOLY SHIT because I know he'll be crawling before I believe it.

No comments: