Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kangaroos!

TB managed to stay awake all the way to the zoo today and, as promised, got to see the kangaroos. I took him out of the stroller and held him up so he could see and they were even cooperating by putting on a big show. They were boxing, scratching each other's asses -- you name it, it's a cool kangaroo thing, they were doing he. It's hard to know how much the boy-o notices... he looks at stuff, but the wide world is quite overwhelming for him and he mostly looks with this big eyes like "holy shit, I'm glad my Daddy is here."

I keep telling him over and over again, "hey dude... this is called 'the world' and it's where we live, there's a never-ending supply of cool stuff to see and do here -- check it out!" I love him so much, it freaks me out that someday he's going to have his first memory, like 40 years from now, he'll remember going to the zoo or something -- I mean, not anytime soon, I dunno when your first memory is but probably not for a year or so -- but WOW it's unbelievably awesome.

That's my semi-coherent chunk of amazement for the day.

No comments: